Followers

Friday 26 January 2018

…And all we need of hell



I have another sympathy card to share today featuring stamps from Altenew’s Beautiful Day and Painted Butterflies.


The front of the card follows the current sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches.  I’ve used a flower for the circular element and swapped out the thin rectangular element for a butterfly.  To add in my sentiment I’ve used an elegant die from Simon Says Stamp!.

My colour palette and the background stencilling come from the picture at Inspired by All the Little Things.  I used a brush to stencil the quatrefoil background and I really like the way it gave a soft and also mottled effect.  I’ve also picked up the shades of pink for my flower and the green in my die cut.

Over at Papercraft Challenges they are looking for trifold-cards so I thought I would add a bit of interest to my card by creating a card with a die cut in the top layer and stamping on a secondary inner layer.  When you lift the top, you get another butterfly and a further sentiment.  I kept this inner layer very simple and just stamped the outline of the butterflies but did them and the sentiment in gold embossing powder.

A shot from the side to show the tri-fold.
 
Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
WOW! Embossing Powder ~ Metallic Gold Rich Pale
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Altenew Dies ~ Painted Butterflies
Simon Says Stamp! Dies ~ SSSD111630 Handlettered Greetings
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Layering Stencil ~ THS074 Trellis
Inks & Paints etc
Altenew Crisp Inks ~ Coral Berry, Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf, Frosty Pink & Ruby Red
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Antique Linen & Spun Sugar
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Stamps
Altenew ~ Beautiful Day & Painted Butterflies
Stampin’ Up! ~ Thoughts & Prayers
Challenges
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/challenge-256-sketch.html
http://inspiredbyallthelittlethings.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/inspired-by-all-little-things-78.html

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. I like the aged look to the background. Great job with the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a beautiful tri-fold sympathy card, Emily! I can see the elements from the photo that inspired you! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired By All the Little Things! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Wonderful!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft-Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely sympathy creation! Love the background you chose! Thanks so much for joining us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the soft stencilling and wonderful choice of stamps and dies for a sympathy card. Lovely use of the sketch too and thanks for joining in on the fun at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Sympathy card! Thanks for joining Inspired by

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: